What to expect at your first visit:
- Your first visit it called your Initial Evaluation.
- Here you will meet one on one with our physical therapist, where your strength, range of motion (ROM), and pain will be assessed.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss your medical history and ask any questions.
- The PT will go over what your doctor has requested for your therapy, and together with you, we will set goals for your treatment plan.
- Future visits will be scheduled.
- For optimum results, please wear appropriate clothing that allows the PT to access the injured area. (You will always be covered modestly).
- Also, if it is a lower extremity problem, please wear appropriate shoes.
- You can expect this first visit to last between 60-90 minutes.
Throughout the course of your therapy:
- At your follow up sessions you will work together with the PT and PTAs to work toward the goals set at your first visit.
- We have a small staff and you will become very familiar with each of our therapists quickly. Each of us will be sure that your care is our first priority.
- We will send periodic progress notes to your referring physician to keep them up to date with how you are doing in therapy.
- As you progress, our goal is to transition you to a Home Exercise Program (HEP) where you can maintain your progress made in physical therapy.
- You can expect a normal visit to last approximately 60 minutes. Of course if you need to cut this time short, just let us know upon arrival, and we will do our best to accommodate.